I Know What You Are Going To Do This Summer 14
Do you want to see your name next time you install GNU/Linux in your friend's computer?
If yes, then go ahead and read ...
Online summer training from GNU/Linux User Group of Durgapur (http://dgplug.org). All are welcome.
Probable Starting Time
29th June 2014, 18:30 IST
* Revisiting programming fundamentals * Get acquainted with Free Software technologies * Gaining technical knowledge * Real-world project experience
* Online reading material will be provided. * Talks given by different international upstream developers. * Direct interaction with the developers. * Soft skill training (online communications).
List of courses done in previous years
* Communication skills * Introduction to shell * Buffer editors (Vi) * Free Software project guidelines * Code cross-referencing tools * Documentation * Basic system administration * Source code management systems (Mercurial & Git) * Wiki * Programming using Python
What is required to join this training/Pre-requisites
* A computer with any recent GNU/Linux distribution installed. * A decent Internet connection. * Attitude to learn.
* Go through previous years' IRC session logs.
Kushal Das <kushaldas AT gmail DOT com >
How to join?
Fill this google form.
* #dgplug on irc.freenode.net
You can find the class logs here.
|File System Hierarchy Standard (FHS)||Kushal||kushal_fhs_class.log|
|Communication guidelines & mailing list guidelines||mbuf|
|code cross-referencing tools||mbuf|